Friday, March 15, 2013

 
 
The greatest discoveries of science have always been those that forced us to rethink our beliefs about the universe and our place in it. 
~Robert L. Park, in The New York Times, 7 December 1999
 
 
I would like for you to look very carefully at the photo.  In the space between the 2 boulders there may be something.  You will see what looks like an outline of a right shoulder and leg.  What do you think about it?  Could this be our first picture of BigFoot?  I know when my husband took this picture and then reviewed it, he was very excited.  He had me look at the picture and asked me to tell him if I saw anything.  I saw the outline immediately.
 
FYI-Before this picture was taken we had heard some movements back behind our gifting rock.  My husband climbed up on a boulder and took some pictures in that direction.  We were thinking that we caught one peeking. 
 
My goal in my research is to find real evidence of BigFoot.  As a researcher I want to verify my evidence.  So the next time we were there we went to the spot and looked.  What did I find?  The spot under the boulders was much smaller than we thought.  Only about 4 feet tall.  The outline was a rock behind the 2 boulders.  At first I was disappointed but then I realized that validating my evidence is a priority.  Going back to retake pictures or search the location helps validate my findings.  It should be a priority of every researcher to go back and check your findings.
 
What if I never went back to check?  I would have a picture that is false data.  Being methodical and diligent should be part of every researcher repertoire. 
 
I now show this pictures to people when speaking to point out that not everything you take a picture of is BigFoot and that you need to go back and recheck your work.  
 
Showing shadows and blurred images does not help convince people about the existence of a bipedal primate in our woods and forest.  Validated evidence and research will.  It is time to stop promoting these types of images. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment