Saturday, May 5, 2012

Before we start this journey, I have one question that has plagued me from the beginning. Why is the scientific community so resistant to the concept of a primate living in our forests?



  • Why are there persistent reports of sightings and footprints here in the United States and Canada that go back 400 years? 

  • Are regular Americans and Canadians who report the sightings and footprints a bunch of superstitious folks? 

  • Are they just hoaxes?

I have asked these questions about the Big Foot/Sasquatch mystery for many years.  For the last year I have researched this mystery with the last 3 questions as my basis.  I would like to take you through what I have found.  My research has made me go from what?  To yes, there is something out there in our forests.  I tend to be a skeptic.  I want facts not mumble jumble.  My poor family is not sure what to think.  They know I am not into paranormal or superstitious.

The wonderful thing about history is that we have a chance to learn from mistakes/missteps or see the absurd that had happened in the past.  In Christopher Columbus' time the experts were adamant about the earth being flat.  Experts said that the platypus was fake when the first specimens were sent to England.  Reports of the hairy bushman in the late 1800's and early 1900's from local people in Africa were considered superstitious stories.  Guess what?  The mountain gorilla was discovered.  Sound familiar?  Mountain gorillas even in this day and age are very hard to find.  You need a guide.  I brought these facts up to make a point.  We do not know everything.  There are still species and mysteries waiting to be discovered! 

No comments:

Post a Comment